Wanted! Bloggers for our Society's Website
No one can tell the story your own genealogical quest better than you. Blog about your journey, and others may learn new research techniques from your story. You can also blog about genealogy resources, tools, hints and tips that are of general use and interest to other genealogist. You will find job Description below. Contact the Society’s Webmaster with your interest and they well help you get started blogging.
Society Blogger Job Description
The Blog Editor position is part of the Society’s Social Media / Communications team and shall be responsible for editing and publishing blog posts for the Society on its Web, Facebook pages, etc.
This position is responsible for creating and publishing Blog Posts 11-24 times (or more) each year:
- At least once or twice during each month, February – November.
- As time allows during the month of December and January.
- Access to the internet using a browser required.
- Editing and formatting blog article
- Posting the blog article on the Society’s blog page on a regular basis.
- Reading and responding to Post replies in a timely manner.
- Archiving older posts. (requires coordination with the webmaster)
- Proofreading and editing
- Ability to use browser-based blog page layout and editing tools (training available)
- Ability to access and use email
- Familiarity with WordPress, especially blog entries.
- Image manipulation/modification skills.
- Familiarity with the Google suite of tools.
- Provide a brief summary of your blog activities for each board meeting.
- Although this is non-voting position on the BGS leadership team the Blog Editor is encouraged (but not required) to attend board meetings.
- Time required to fulfill the requirements of this position: 2 – 4 hours each month.
- The tasks required for this position can be performed remotely.
- Interested in sharing genealogy knowledge, experiences, research, hints and tips with fellow genealogist and family history researchers.
For Blog Training, here are a few suggestions: