Benefits of a BGS Membership include:
- Become part of a community that shares the excitement and passion for family history and genealogy.
- Receive Welcome Notes, the Society’s newsletter 10 to 12 times a year with the program, special interest group and activity announcements.
- Free or discounted fees to Society-sponsored, genealogy-related classes, and events.
- Opportunities to work with others to advance your research.
- Convenient web links to free genealogy resources on the web, e.g., Family Search, Historic American Newspapers, Digital Public Library of America, Library of Congress Catalog.
- Opportunities to participate in one or more Special Interest Groups.
- An opportunity to further your genealogy research by working with skilled genealogists to ask questions and get assistance.
- Members-only field trips e.g., Colorado State Archives, Family Search Library, National Archives, Western History, and Genealogy Department at the Denver Public Library.
- Access to our BGS Members-only Online Resources for past program handouts, meeting minutes, etc.
- Annual Membership Meeting in November to learn about the Society’s accomplishments and updates for the year, along with meeting and socializing with other members.
And the main reason for joining BGS is the friendships that you and other researchers will develop. As well as learning from experts who share their wealth of knowledge in your new interest in genealogy.